5 Elements Of A Successful Descriptive Essay About A Place
It’s important to know the key characteristics about the type of essay you’re writing before you even begin. It will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run and it’s well worth it. A descriptive essay will focus on description. When you choose your topic, make sure it’s a place you can write an entire essay about.
Essential elements for your paper include:
- Pick a topic about which you can paint a picture with your words. Imagine you are describing this place to a person who can’t see or will never visit the location. Make it come to life as much as possible for them. If your reader could only ever see it through your words, make your words as descriptive as possible.
- Incorporate all the senses into your paper. Taste, touch, sight, sound and smell are all essential elements. Did the peach blossoms smell so sweet you could almost taste the succulent juices of a fresh peach? How did the velvet bed of grass feel when you lay down on it? Could you hear the trickling of water over the dancing of the leaves in the background?
- Create an outline that lists in point form what each paragraph of the essay is going to discuss. If you’ve been asked to write a 5-paragraph essay then you will have an introduction, 3 descriptive paragraphs, and a conclusion. Fill in your outline with as much detail as possible to make the writing process quicker and easier to manage.
- Make sure there’s a topic sentence at the start of each paragraph of the body. This sentence tells the reader what the paragraph will be about. Make it clear and concise. Likewise, the last sentence of each paragraph should lead the reader’s thoughts right into the topic sentence of the next paragraph. Remember to incorporate lots of sensory details in each description.
- Editing and proofreading are essential to polish off a good paper and make it the best it can be. Don’t skimp on this step. Some of the best papers have sunk because of poor grammar or being riddled with spelling errors. Take the necessary to go over your own paper and catch as many mistakes as you can. When you’ve finished, ask someone else to do the same; preferably someone who is good at English. It’s common for writers to miss their own mistakes even though they have seen them several times.
- Online homework help
- Perfect descriptive essay ideas
- A racism comparative essay
- Writing an argumentative essay
- Gambling essay example
- Hiring a trusted paper writer
- Argumentative paper ideas
- Back problems paper sample
- Compare & contrast paper writing
- Great argumentative paper ideas
- Getting paper writing assistance
- Art history essay template
- Evolution & creationism essay
- Developing your writing skills
- Creating a brilliant paper
- Archaeology in Britain essay
- Journalism narrative paper ideas
- Essay topics about internet
Buy customized essay from this service - they write original essays from scratch.