Choosing Descriptive Essay Topics For Middle School Students
In a descriptive essay you are supposed to describe an object, person, event, or place by means of sensory details and figurative language. You should appeal to the reader’s senses and make him or her see and feel your picture in words. At a middle school level, these types of papers precede expository and persuasive types of academic writing. Students should know how to write such essays properly in order not to fail with more complex tasks of English course. Therefore, it is important that middle-schoolers practice writing descriptive essays regularly. Students will be eager to accomplish these writing tasks if they are prompted with interesting and original topic ideas for their papers. Here is a list of great descriptive essay topics for middle school learners to choose from:
- Looking into the future.
- Happy day in a family circle.
- Creating a tour of my town.
- The most extraordinary person you know.
- Your favorite season.
- An unusual animal in the zoo.
- A thunderstorm in May.
- Your favorite meal.
- A trip to the mountains.
Write about your experience of going to the mountains. Use lots of sensory details in your descriptive essay.
- Riding on a bus.
Describe your usual experience of riding on a bus to school. Make your story unusual through the slightest details that make this trip different.
- Your unforgettable birthday party.
Describe the best birthday celebration you had. Why was it special? Give details of events that occurred and of your feelings in that particular day.
Imagine that you wake up somewhere in the 22nd century. Describe a person, car, house, or technological innovation of the future. How does the object of your description differ from what you observe daily?
Describe a particular day that was spent with your family. Did you celebrate something? Was it an ordinary day that somehow turned into unforgettable experience? Why was this day so special?
Imagine that you are a guide giving a tour of your hometown. What sights and beautiful places will you offer to see? Describe your town through sightseeing.
Describe someone who is different from other people you know. Does he or she have extraordinary appearance, character, or hobby?
Describe which season in particular is the most attractive to you.
In the zoo, you come across an animal you have never seen before. Describe it.
Describe your feelings during and after spring storms. What do you hear, smell, taste, and see?
Describe your favorite meal in terms of how it tastes, smells, and looks.
- Online homework help
- Perfect descriptive essay ideas
- A racism comparative essay
- Writing an argumentative essay
- Gambling essay example
- Hiring a trusted paper writer
- Argumentative paper ideas
- Back problems paper sample
- Compare & contrast paper writing
- Great argumentative paper ideas
- Getting paper writing assistance
- Art history essay template
- Evolution & creationism essay
- Developing your writing skills
- Creating a brilliant paper
- Archaeology in Britain essay
- Journalism narrative paper ideas
- Essay topics about internet
Buy customized essay from this service - they write original essays from scratch.